We have spent hours upon hours sitting in dark theaters watching some of the most talked about films of the year and are ready to share our final “Best of” list of 2017!
This year, we’re focusing on the performances that captivated us, made us laugh, cry and gave us all the feels. From Daniel Kaluuya’s portrayal as a boyfriend slowly awakening to the horrors of his girlfriend’s family in Get Out to Saoirse Ronan playing a emotional teenager in Lady Bird, to the complex relationship between Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart in Logan, 2017 has gifted us with some incredible performances by some of our favorite actors and a few new faces as well.
Amita’s Favorite Performances:
- Frances McDormand in Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri
- Michael Stuhlbarg in Call Me By Your Name
- Read how Michael Stuhlbarg and Director Luca Guadagnino crafted this pivotal scene here
- Brooklynn Prince in The Florida Project
- Saoirse Ronan in Lady Bird
- Kumail Nanjiani in The Big Sick
- Denzel Washington in Roman J. Israel, Esq.
- Betty Gabriel in Get Out
- Allison Janney in I, Tonya
- Sally Hawkins in The Shape of Water
Sean’s Favorite Performances:
- Patrick Stewart & Hugh Jackman in Logan
- Samuel L. Jackson as the voice of James Baldwin in I Am Not Your Negro
- Timothée Chalamet in Call Me By Your Name
- Jason Mitchell in Mudbound
- Laurie Metcalf in Lady Bird
- Daniel Kaluuya in Get Out
- Octavia Spencer in The Shape of Water
Like us on Facebook
You can also find us on MaximumFun.org